Brighton and Hove Food Partnership are now taking applications for a fully funded, 7-week cookery course for people with learning disabilities and their carers to learn about heart health, cooking healthily and undertaking exercise. The course will be delivered 3 times over the year involving some of the following:
- Nutrition, heart health and healthy eating messages with a focus on fruit and veg / salt reduction and healthy breakfasts
- Cooking healthy food together
- Taking home accessible recipes
- Activity sessions – discussing the importance of exercise
- A visit to a garden to pick fresh produce
- Advice about joining a community garden or lunch club
Each session can accommodate 8 participants and up to 5 carers.
The course will start on Thursday 7th June and run for 7 consecutive Thursdays for approximately 3 hours per session from 10am – 1pm.
To find out more and apply for a place, please visit http://bhfood.org.uk/events/healthy-heart-cookery-for-adults-with-learning-disabilities/
Date: 07/06/2018 - 19/07/2018
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Community Kitchen, Community Base,
113 Queens Road,